This hCard created with the hCard creator.
Suicide is a problem within the law enforcement community due to the daily stress and rigors an officer is subjected to. To learn more, please view the Kenosha Police Department's newest video on Law Enforcement Suicide Prevention. If you know of someone in need of assistance, please reach out to get the needed help.
Chief John W. Morrissey has released the Kenosha Police Department 2012 Annual Report. Please check out the report to see what the Kenosha Police Department was doing in 2012.
To read about Wisconsin's Conceal Carry Law, click here.
The Kenosha Police Dept. Honor Guard is a member organization in the Wisconsin Honor Guard Association
To see our latest video with Ken Osha talking about the importance of having a Designated Driver, click here.
A. Purpose. The purpose of this Ordinance is to reduce the potential for blight and gang violence.
B. Definitions. The following words shall, for purposes of this Ordinance, have the meanings provided:
1. Deface(ing)(ment) shall mean to mar or disfigure the face or surface by cutting, engraving, inscribing, chipping, painting or otherwise marking in some permanent manner.
2. Graffiti shall mean marks, symbols, signs, letters, names, phrases, or sentences which are inscribed or placed on real property for the purpose of defacing said property or making a personal statement which is a blighting influence neighborhood.
3. Permanent shall mean not being capable of being removed with soap and water. Cutting, engraving, inscribing, chipping and painting shall be deemed permanent.
4. Real Property shall mean a building, structure, garage, shed, fence, deck or other improvement to a parcel of land.
5. Reasonable Time shall mean fifteen (15) days from the posting of the property, unless a
greater period of time is warranted by weather conditions, in which event reasonable time shall mean as soon as possible, subject to the potential for a time extension under C.3.
6. Remove(al) shall mean to obliterate and eliminate graffiti by such means as will restore real property to its condition existing prior to defacement by graffiti.
1. It shall be unlawful for any person to deface real property which they do not own with graffiti.
2. It shall be unlawful for any person to place graffiti or to permit graffiti to be placed upon real property which they own.
3. It shall be unlawful for the owner of real estate to fail to remove graffiti from their real property
within a reasonable time, as determined by the Department of Neighborhood Services and Inspections, upon being provided a written notice thereof and order for removal by a date certain served upon them by personal service or by regular mail, sent to the address listed on their real estate tax bill, and by posting the order on the real property. Upon written request received by the Department of Neighborhood Services and Inspections prior to the expiration of the time provided for compliance, the Director of Neighborhood Services and Inspections of said Department may, for just cause, grant an extension of time for compliance. Each day of violation shall be a separate offense.